Supreme court arrived at the Historic decision of Ram Janmabhoomi in Ayodhya on 9th November 2019. In one of the most anticipated judgements in India’s history, a bench headed by CJI Ranjan Gogoi announced that a century old dispute which tore the nation was to end.
The panel of 5 Judges including CJI Ranjan Gogoi released statements as follows before giving the final verdict.
Here are the statements released:
1. The land where the Masjid was built , there existed a structure or monument and it was not just plain land.
2. The structure found by Archaeological department is not Islamic in nature and hence must be of other faith
3. Hindus would consider Ayodhya as birthplace of Lord Ram, hence they have religious sentiments and There is no evidence that Muslims abandoned the mosque
4. The claim of Nirmohi Akhara is only of the management. It is not a ‘Shabait’. SC dismisses plea of Nirmohi Akhara seeking any control and has asked the Centre to frame the scheme within 3 months to construct the temple
5. Arguments on the Archaeological Survey of India’s credentials were made but are beyond doubt and its findings can’t be neglected said CJI
6. A suitable alternative plot of land measuring 5 acres at Ayodhya will be given to Sunni Waqf Board
7. It was stated that Muslims had offered prayers inside the inner courtyard and Hindus offered prayers in the outer courtyard
8. There is evidence that Ram Chabutra and the Sita Rasoi was worshipped by the Hindu before the British reigned.
9. The land was occupied by the 16th century Babri masjid which was destroyed by Hindu kar sevaks on December 6, 1992.
10. The bench, comprised of Justice S A Bobde, D Y Chandrachud, Ashok Bhushan and S Abdul Nazeer, disputed land will be given deity Ram Lalla however the possession will remain with a central government.
Supreme Court has given the message of unity in diversity and section 144 have been applied in most states to avoid any kid of upheaval. India hopes for Peace through this historic decision and respects SC’s judgement.